Man dies after showing signs of COVID-19

Vietnam News, Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports, Environment, Your Say, English Through the News, Magazine, vietnam war, current news, Vietnamese to english, tin viet nam, latest news today, english newspapers, the vietnam war, news latest, today news headlines, nation news paper, today breaking news, vietnamese culture, vietnam history, bao vietnam, vietnam economy, today headlines, national news headlines, vietnam war summary, vietnam culture, vietnam government, news headline, daily nation today, daily nation newspaper headlines, newspaper headlines today, news website, báo online, headlines news, news site, war in vietnam, tin vietnam, vietnam people, vietnam today, vietnamese news, tin viet nam net, viet to english, news headlines for today, news paper online, national news in english, current news headlines, vietnam war history, english news papers, top news headlines, today hot news, english news headlines, vietnam conflict, up to the minute news, english daily, viet news, news highlights, viet news, today international news, govt news, the vietnam war summary, vietnam exports, việt nam, bao vn net,, baovietnam, thongtanxavietnam, vietnam plus, vietnam news agency,
Bỉm Sơn Town’s General Hospital, Thanh Hóa Province was locked down after a man died on February 23. Photo courtesy of the hospital

HÀ NỘI — A man who showed symptoms of coronavirus has died at a hospital in the northern province of Thanh Hóa.

Although the cause of death is yet to be determined, health officials say he had earlier tested negative for COVID-19. Results of a second test are pending.

The 38-year-old had returned to his wife’s hometown in Yên Giang Village, Hoạt Giang Commune, Hà Trung District on February 5 to celebrate Tết (Lunar New Year).

He began suffering breathing difficulties and coughing. He bought medicine at a pharmacy and was treated at the Hoạt Giang Commune Health Centre.

Over the following few days, his condition worsened and he was admitted to Bỉm Sơn Town’s General Hospital on February 21 where he was immediately isolated in their infectious disease ward.

The man, who had previously suffered from liver and kidney failure, and also had type 2 diabetes, died two days later.

Following his death, the hospital was locked down and sprayed with disinfectant. Check points were also set up at the commune where he was staying. VNS

You may also like...